Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ohhhh dream weaver.....!

 ...I believe you can get me thr-


Sorry, got a little carried away in my fantasizing...


OK, so let's ditch the negativity/nightmare aspect outlined in the first post for a moment and focus on the fun part of home renovation: dreaming big!  One of the first things people tell you to do when planning a new kitchen, is to get your Look Book together.  Now, when one spends 9 months straight "dreaming big", one can amass quite the collection of looks... and, well, my book runneth over.


Since cutting things out of a magazine is *SO* 20th century, I've decided to use this space as a way to collect all of my inspiration images in one easily accessible 21st century place.


So here's a brief* listing of some of my favorite looks and inspirations...


*No.
J'adore this mid-century modern walnut cabinetry!




Kinda obsessed with the horizontal slats that make up the cabinetry faces -
gives a really warm + modern feel to this beautiful wood look.


How delicious is this sea foam green cabinetry?!?!
You'd have to be certifiably insane to want this in your kitchen...

Or WOULD you....? Wait, would you?
It's like the tacky bridesmaid's dress of kitchen cabinetry.  Amen.
I don't think yellow is quite right, but you have to admire the
punch that's packed in this retro-inspired space.
And speaking of retro.... DO WANT!  WILL HAVE!
How bleeping amazing are these fridges?
Super secret: they look old on the outside, but
they're 100% modern on the inside...
it's the best of both worlds *sigh*
Whoever said a kitchen sink needs to be steel or white?
Go Kohler for making such groovy sinks!
Another brilliant twist on the retro-modern look.
Teeny splashes of color go a really long way...
Horizontal, frosted glass door top cabinets?
Open shelving to show off the pretty bits?
Yes please!
Love pretty much every darn thing about what's happening here.
Sadly, I couldn't figure out what type of wood was used in this kitchen,
but it has such warmth and character, it's hard to resist.
I was sort of revolted by mix-and-match cabinetry, but after looking at examples
where it's done well, like here,  it can really help to break up claustrophobia-inducing
wall-to-wall cabinetry, while still giving you wall-to-wall cabinetry.
Great color combo with the wood + backsplash.  Can keep
things fairly neutral and still have a sweet and bright space.

So that's it for now.  I don't think Blogger will give me enough bandwidth to upload all the fotos I'd like to in one post.  But rest assured, I'm on the good ol' interwebs daily and nightly, searching, always searching, for kitchen-muse-stuff-things.

Now if only we could find someone to look at all this crap and pull it into an actual functioning design - I'd probably drop dead from the sheer excitement!  (Cue awesome kitchen designer person who stumbled upon this blog and is the exact right person for the job to now contact me instantly.)


 

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine redid her kitchen and has sea foam cabinets just like those and I gotta tell you- it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot damn! It's my super secret dream - and I swear on a stack of design books I'd never grow tired of them! Bet your friend is out in Cali though - or I'd ask for their designer's info.

    ReplyDelete